Short-Length Swim Shorts
X MALIKA FAVRE
- DETAILS & CARE
- SIZE GUIDE
- Short-length swim shorts designed by Malika Favre
- Altinha print
- Made from upcycled plastic bottles found in the Mediterranean Sea. This new material, which is incredibly soft, perfectly captures the richness of Arrels Barcelona prints.
- Arrels Barcelona donates 1€ for every swim short we sell to Surfrider Foundation Europe, an international foundation that works to protect our oceans, preserve our coasts, ensure our beaches are clean and accessible, and keep plastic from polluting our waterways.
- This garment has been transported by road.
- Handmade in Portugal
Malika Favre created the Altinha print while on vacation in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. As she was looking out the window of her hotel room, she saw people on the beach passing the ball in what looked like a dance. She later found out it’s a game–called Altinha, of course–that people tradicionally play on the beach. The goal is to pass the ball without letting it fall to the ground. Anyone can join in and it’s great fun. We believe this pattern beautifully captures the spirit of summer, while promoting a sense of community and the pursuit of a healthy lifestyle.
Malika’s style is personal, unique, and almost impossible to catalogue. Elegant simplicity. Post minimalism. Pop Art mixed with OpArt. Call it what you may, we just love her work. And we are not alone in our admiration. This French artist who has adopted Barcelona as her hometown, is one of the most respected artists in the world today. She has worked with brands such as The New Yorker, Vogue, Vanity Fair… and now Arrels Barcelona.
- Short-length swim shorts
- Length: mid-thigh (Side leg length in M: 39cm)
- Elastic drawstring waistband and Arrels engraved zamac tips
- Two on-seam pockets
- Back pocket with VELCRO® flap
- Embroidered eyelets
- 100% PET recycled outershell
- 100% polyester lining
- Machine wash
- Made in Portugal